Today someone did indeed ask me this question. The response immediately in my lips was “of course not”, while walking away in a show, half offended by the insinuation. “Do I look like someone who needs drugs to spice up his life?”
However, the network did not work this time. The network? The internet? No! No! The complex (or unfortunately not so complex in my case) network of neurons and nerves running from somewhere deep in the grey mess inside the skull to the lungs, vocal chords, and lips. This network sends orders that in my case become words almost instantly, immediately, without further thought. But it all failed this time, and following some uncommonly (and not to be repeated to often) wiser impulse inside my left feet, I stopped and thought again before answering the obvious and, instead, I thought … drugs … “But yes, of course!”
A small, tiny, wee, little big problem though. The question was written on skype … the answer I said aloud, in the office, while the rest of the world (or so it seemed) was dead silent looking at me. Should I say that I blushed? Yes, I blushed.
Nonetheless the embarrassment, the answer was accurate. Yes to drugs, because, after all, are we all not addicted to certain things in life? Who ever gets tired of a beautiful sunset in a romantic location on a special date? Or the smell of freshly watered and recently cut grass in the summer mornings? Or the warm smile in the person you love after good, daring sex!
I am guilty myself of it all. I love all of that and more. Life would not be the same without all those small pleasures that fill unforgettable parts of the day, and thereby of our lifes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment