Sunday evening and once more on the move. Today I am flying to Slovenia, on a small aircraft where all I get for dinner is a cold chicken salad and a glass of wine (or a few glasses of wine actually). At least the stewardess, very cute but apparently engaged if I am to believe the ring in her left hand, has a nice and warm smile. She seems soooo young though! And my destination for the night is an old (hopefully clean) concrete building they call now the “Grand Hotel” in the Slovenian capital … sure! The GRAND Hotel! It just fills me with a feeling of ‘deja vu’ …
I can think of a few places where I’d rather spend the night tonight. Not the least of all at home … relaxing after a nice dinner with my wife. Or even somewhere in snowy Russia, in the beginning of the cold winter, with my gorgeous Russian friend Olik (or Olechka, which sounds superb!) who no doubt would appreciate some company while recovering from her cold. Or perhaps with my Polish friend Kasia if she was to ever forgive me. And the list goes on ... but here I am instead.
But as I unwrap my dessert (an Italian chocolate called Becci) this is what I read in the back of the shiny wrapping: “Amo non solo essere amato, ma anche sentirmelo dire”, which I think means “I like not only to be loved, but to be told that I am loved” …
I like not only to be loved, but to be told that I am loved.
Is this true? Is being loved not enough? Are the fact (or facts) of being loved not enough? Do we need to be told too? Yes … I fully agree. I want to be told. I need to be told. But most importantly, I should tell you more often … to my wife, to my family, to you my friend. How difficult is it? Why can’t we put aside our doubts (whatever they are) and say “I love you”? Is it that difficult? What are we afraid of?
Perhaps not to be corresponded by a reciprocal feeling?
So, next time we meet, next time we talk, next time our lives walk along the same path, please remember. I may be as bad as most in telling you how I feel, but have no doubt that you are making my life special for being there with me … so thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment