Tuesday, 13 November 2007

Shattered dreams ….

Sometimes life is unfair to us. She talks to us, she teases us, she whispers into our ears adding to our dreams. Dreams that we blindly embrace. Perhaps neither the first day, nor the second, but we all eventually fall prey of those dreams. Dreams like those of a princess in the tallest tower of a castle far, far away. A castle guarded by a fierce, fire-spitting dragon. Dreams of a gentle, handsome knight who risks his life and defeats the dragon to rescue her.

Just reward me with your presence in my dreams for a moment … on a sunny morning, just the beginning of a beautiful day of blue skies, green forests, and snow capped mountains. Of delicate flowers and tiny little birds singing of the arrival of a hero coming to rescue her …

But life, after lonely millennia growing older and wiser, has learnt how to avoid our rage. She walks in the shadows, follows the moon on her nocturnal wanderings, and flies around the world in search of the right person to place in front of us. Someone who looks the same, feels the same, talks the same as anybody else. But someone who is slightly different at the same time.

Please be kind to me and save me from having to answer the question in your mind, because I don’t know why that person is different. All I know is that, one day, this person comes into our lives, extends his or her hand, and touches our heart. And the warmth of that magical touch is unlike anything else. It pushes away our worries, it brings a smile on our face, it wakes in us that wonderful feeling called hope. Hope … because among all those millions and millions of people on this planet we all share, there is suddenly one person with that magical touch.

***

However, dreams are made of glass. And being delicate and fragile, sometimes dreams fall and break in tens of glittering pieces that cover our thoughts in painful memories. So much so that we forget the way we felt when those fingers caressed our heart.

I am not a heartless man. I have dreams and hopes as you do. I feel joy and pain, happiness and sadness. And if I ever touched your heart, if you ever felt the warmth of my presence in your life, please believe me when I say that you touched my life too. My failure to deserve a place in your dreams, weighs on my shoulders every time I think of you. And my soul cries knowing that I failed to you, that I dropped your dream, that those tens of painful memories are the result of my mistakes.

***

Please, forgive me.

I accept my fault, but please forgive me. I know a broken glass cannot be remade. I know there is nothing in this world that could put together again the pieces of those shattered dreams. But please do not forget that, among those painful memories, there are some special moments too. I may never get the second chance that I don’t deserve, but please do not let those few joyful thoughts fall into oblivion. Those times when a child-like smile lit your face and your eyes lingered over my words in disbelief. When your mind imagined how it would feel to be with me. Because if there is something we can savage from the wreck I have caused, I will kneel down at your side and patiently help collect those shiny crystals worth preserving. And perhaps one day something beautiful may be born from them.

3 comments:

Olik said...

U changed your info. Well, thats better... What do u think now, after some days?

Taielle said...

Glass can be stuck together in hot temperature ;)

...Very beautifull representation of allegory...

KATS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.